Fairuzonline.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 19th, 2017, 2:14pm

- Click here for archived message board -

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz
   General
   General Discussions
(Moderator: Fairuz Forum Admin)
   Fairuz in Concert 7/8 October at Biel (BEIRUT)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fairuz in Concert 7/8 October at Biel (BEIRUT)  (Read 7632 times)
bissan
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Fairuz in Concert 7/8 October at Biel (BEIRUT)
« on: Sep 12th, 2010, 7:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Reema annonced that on ra7 neb2a sawa page on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=131283&id=108313092550754&a mp;ref=fbx_album

This is the best 3idiye we can receive for eid.
Thank you Fairuz!
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2010, 7:57am by bissan » IP Logged
rami
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

Re: Fairuz in Concert 7/8 October at Biel (BEIRUT)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2010, 7:54am »

hello again!
i've been so away from this site.
I called the Virgin ticketing and been informed that tickets will be sold starting september 20th.

I can't believe she's holding a concert! Who's coming?
IP Logged
Sallimlee_3aleih
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2010, 10:15am »

I was told that the tickets range between $30 and 250. So it is for REAL!
IP Logged
Riad
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13th, 2010, 10:44am »

I have just received an ad on behalf of the VIRGIN, including the poster which is, by the way, magnificent!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Salman340
YaBB Full Member

what a night!!!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14th, 2010, 1:39pm »

Hi everyone

It has been long time.
can I buy tickets online are they sold outside Lebanon?
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010, 1:40pm by Salman340 » IP Logged
Sallimlee_3aleih
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14th, 2010, 2:22pm »

Tickets might be available online starting Sat Sep 18, 2010.
IP Logged
rami
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14th, 2010, 2:38pm »

so i've been told today, as for the prices.
IP Logged
Salman340
YaBB Full Member

what a night!!!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28th, 2010, 7:38pm »

I hope the concerts will not be cancelled.
I have just checked the site and there are many tickets which are not sold till now and only 10 days are left before the concert.  

I thought it would be sold out the same day af release.
IP Logged
Amir
YaBB Full Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 11:03am »

Well, unfortunately selling tickets at over $300 is not particularly wise. In the US it would be outrageous, let alone in a poorer country and a poorer region.
It is true that die-hard fans will go. I would have gone except for a time conflict. While I agree with Natir that artists generally first release the album then do the tour/concerts, in this case it doesn't really matter. The 'new' album is already old. 5 songs have been pirated and are not 'new' anymore...
IP Logged

قلبي إن هجرتك يدبحوا مرة الفراق
و
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 5:24pm »

I never liked the way Fairouz's work was managed... i am not defending them here, but i would like to point a few things

For those not up to date with the music industry, releasing a CD ON a major concert venue is one of the radical methods adopted for mega stars simply to control the piracy that will follow, and most of the times, they fail in fighting it, so they opt to sell as much as possible through the venue itself rather end up losing a lot on for the sake of the other options such as releasing singles, then a CD... then an event...

As for Fairouz herself and her image... i've never seen anything wrong with it... Always squeaky polished like a tightly sealed treasure...  

What bothered me is the media management of her image, the rate of work and production, and the random spontaneity of how work is released or handled.  

Ziad's work... is fantastic. Every thing the guy comes up with HAS SENSE FOR THOSE WHO READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Even what seems to be his silliest and most abstract of lyrics and music has a whole legacy behind it and only time will reveal that for those who sit and grumble about old-day Fairouz... if she remained with the music and image and ambiance of Assi's time and molding, then she would be called a "relic" by now and no one would have cared to listen more than once to any of her modern work, IN CASE she stuck to the same old pattern.

Evolution is key. She had one genius on her side, then horrible people to handle the rest of the work... It's not easy for her to trust anyone and will always have to study every step she takes with ultimate care because she will be given more and more attention if she makes any wrong move than any other artist.

Today's Arab music sucks, the modern techno non-sense lyrics are pure trash productions. To the  Western World, it is something of their culture, nature, and society... For us to listen to this but fused with Arabic lyrics is totally foreign and vulgar to our psyche...

But with Fairouz and Ziad, the work they are creating is the fantastic foundation for a right evolution.. just like they said Assi's work was light pop and meaningless at the beginning... and Sabah's songs...  

Their work relates to our identity... of sarcasm, life, hard work, lies, love, breaking up.. the way we view it, the language we use, and the terms we use...  

As for the prices of the tickets... That is the worst kind of argument one could come up with.

If an artist of her caliber cannot command such prices, then who will? Pavarotti when they brought him for $1.5 million to Baalbeck Festivals a few years ago?

Or Mariah Carey for $1 million?

What i hate is the timing of the ticket release! hehe at the end of the month!!! Tongue

But the point is... poor or rich, every one can attend Fairouz if they want to...  

economy never played a role... they bring all known or unknown artists for imaginary prices.. and the venue are full...  

never an excuse to reflect the economic state of the country.. It's not like she's doing it daily or weekly!

IP Logged
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Fairuz in Concert 7/8 October at Biel (BEIRUT
« Reply #10 on: Oct 3rd, 2010, 7:19pm »

Em... just to clarify this,  
selling 1000 CD units for an independent production company brings in 100% more profit than what 1 million units in sales does for a major company.

that is a whole issue and lecture.

As for her touring age, that is not up to me or anyone to decide.

Just because she does not appear much in the media does not mean she should start over-saturating the market.

And as for the teasers method on the site, please, go hire a statistics and metrics analysis firm (measuring visits, clicks, numbers of visitors, visited links, content, time and duration of visit, files clicked, commented, tagged...) and check the grids.

AND the fact that she is so rare and mysterious for the media, it is with her that the teasers method works more than any other artist!!!

i'll bet u it's one of the Top 15 most visited sites in the Arab region for now.

And as for selling 1 song at a time on iTunes... please, read and research before sitting and pregnant doging about it and the adopted policies for Fairouz.

Th artist makes almost $0.03 per song. u think the record company and the price of the space and exposure on iTunes comes for free? or simply because they love their artists and want to give them luxury on their own account?

At least some one went digital in the Arab world ... Whether right, wrong, or too late, that is a different issue.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2010, 7:56am by blue_phoenix » IP Logged
Nihal
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 6th, 2010, 4:53pm »

I agree natir: the production values are so bad in her concerts.  If it wasn't fairuz we would run out of the concerts but she is so great we tolerate the bad production, the bad management, the bad decisions.  imagine if they did it well!  
The cd should have been released ahead of time.  that is how everybody does it around the world and yes for good reason.  And from the clips on youtube it is released with high quality? really?  the same egyptian company that does shaaban abdel raheem and other shaabi people? I wonder how much they paid her lawyer/manager to get the cd.... and how does Rima allow this? they can't find a classy company.  But as long as someone gets paid.

if they wanted to control piracy they would have done something for the past 25 years.  either her management and lawyers are the stupidest people in the world or someone is benefiting from it.  no other possibility after all these years.  

its funny how so many fans suddenly now are saying nice things about her management. is it because they are finally online and they think that will make them favored?  those are some empty dreams.  so transparent.  

I adore fairuz but i think at this point we have to live on the memories.  having a youtube account and going on facebook is not a strategy.  

fairuz forever
IP Logged
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 6th, 2010, 8:07pm »

the management went wrong over many many years...

the steps they are taking now cannot cover up for the lost value and production the last 20 yrs.. since 1990...  

simple as that
IP Logged
Nihal
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 6th, 2010, 8:23pm »

yeah how unfortunate.  

what steps?  having the cd released at/after the concert by the trashiest egyptian company high quality? really?
IP Logged
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 7th, 2010, 9:15am »

I think u didn't read my last msg...  

the steps taken now CANNOT cover what was lost and missed over 20 yrs... meaning, even the steps taken now are not 100% right.

Too bad and too sad...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome | Connect | Be Inspired | A Legend | A History | Everything Fairuz | The Latest | Journey | Join Us | Contact Us | Archived Message Board
Copyright© 2001-2015 FairuzOnline.com, a 3B Media, Inc. Company. All Rights Reserved. Terms