Fairuzonline.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 19th, 2017, 2:14pm

- Click here for archived message board -

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz
   General
   General Discussions
(Moderator: Fairuz Forum Admin)
   Eh Fi Amal and the Concert
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Eh Fi Amal and the Concert  (Read 5103 times)
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Eh Fi Amal and the Concert
« on: Oct 8th, 2010, 8:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I LOVE the CD... it was the worth the wait.. and i hope they have recorded a lot more for later... Fairouz and Ziad are Lebanon's only musical destiny in today's mess... let's start! Cheesy

- 2aal 2aayel: I LOVED the song... muscially and lyrically... and her voice is great... especially the last part about the past and present.. fantastic idea...

- Al Ardu Lakom: It was too short... i didn't feel it's necessary to include on the CD...  They can have added anything from the Beiteddine live recordings... I liked the end... the songs starts a bit lower and grows louder and louder... Nice psychological effect. (They could have included Bayti Zgheer bi Canada or Sar 3anna Piano instead...)

- Allah Kbir: Fantastic... lyrically and musically... and vocally

- Bektob Asamehon: I imagine it was the problem track that they were fighting over. Ziad wanted it and Fairouz and Rima didn't... I loved it.. it was a nice gesture and a reminder that the story started with 3 simple geniuses: Assi, Fairouz, and Mansour. I wish it were longer and she sang on it.. it would have made her more involved and human with the trio to hear her sing their names... Sad

- Eh Fi Amal: I would have liked the CD to be named Allah Kbir, but after hearing this song... It is absolutely one of the top 10 very best of songs ever recorded with Ziad... musically and vocally and the lyrics are just pure poetry about the simplicity of reality, and the reality of a simply lost love...  

- Essa Sghiri Kteer: Is like the final trilogy of the "Absolute Love" songs as i call them. "Ma 2dert" Nseet, then "Ana Fez3ani", and now this is the final of the trio.  The 1st song about a dead love after years of estrangement, the 2nd about fearing the loss of one's love and being forgotten, and the third about the love story of 2 lovers, the time that can never be reversed, and its cost.

- Kbiri l'Maz7a Hay: I liked the live Beiteddine version better. This one was too long and Fairouz sounded like she just woke up... As if she is in the dark, dark night and yet she sounds like she is inside a studio... I liked the musical effects .. it sounded like it's raining.. really lonely at night.. amazing musical imagery... the ending is fantastic, the violin piece... but it was too long and slow and Fairouz's voice felt like it was more like rehearsing than the actual version.

- Kell ma l'7aki: Amazing track.. i love this version and the 80's version that Ziad originally recorded with his chorus and with different lyrics. Beautiful music and lyrics. Pure Ziad genius with Fairouz's magical vocals.

- l'Bint l'Shalabiyya: Another fantastic remake... They should another To Assi CD... i know the world will want one! Fantastic musical arrangement and vocals. (I would not be surprised if it's actually from the "To Assi" recording sessions. Her voice seems more energetic and higher in pitch as well as the musical arrangement is more vibrant and cheerful than the rest of the album.)

- Ma Shawart 7aali: Love the track.. but the way it begins is just weird. Sounds like she is a farmer's wife complaining about life after marrying her farmer husband for 50 yrs... lol.. i loved the image... i can imagine her wearing farming clothes with gloves and chicken running around her hehe... I loved the song... Pure Fairouz/Ziad comedy pop.

-  Tall l'Za3tar is an amazing musical piece. Cannot say anything else.

AS for the concert... Singing Rahbani repertoire does not mean the legal issues are resolved. As you see, she sang songs by Elias Rahbani, with whom she has no problems, as well as Philemon Wehbe...

And the Rahbani Bros. compositions that were originally recorded in the early 60's OR earlier MEANING their copyright date expired (50 yrs and older) and they have become available for anyone to use without the permission of the owner, UNLESS the owner re-recorded them and re-registered them to renew the copyright claims Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2010, 10:16am by blue_phoenix » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome | Connect | Be Inspired | A Legend | A History | Everything Fairuz | The Latest | Journey | Join Us | Contact Us | Archived Message Board
Copyright© 2001-2015 FairuzOnline.com, a 3B Media, Inc. Company. All Rights Reserved. Terms