Fairuzonline.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 19th, 2017, 2:14pm

- Click here for archived message board -

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz
   General
   General Discussions
(Moderator: Fairuz Forum Admin)
   new album...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new album...  (Read 48972 times)
Amir
YaBB Full Member

View Profile

new album...
« on: Oct 19th, 2010, 12:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I received the new album finally, even though the songs have been on Youtube for the past month...

I am going to say something that will really get me in trouble...
The new album sakheef...
IP Logged

قلبي إن هجرتك يدبحوا مرة الفراق
و
fadcuk
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: new album...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2010, 7:14am »

Hi Amir

What do you mean Sakheef?

I think it is Brilliant, I cannot stop listening to it. Compared to any of the new music in the middle east it is actually a work of art.

Saying that I think there could have been more songs for the lady (as opposed to music) on the CD. I am not a big fan of having music only tracks. I wish Ziad would release some of his genuis music on a separate CD for us to enjoy.

Listen to Al Ayel and you cannot stop moving to the wonderful rythym and sweet words or Fi Amal which is like a dream of strings and singing.  

IP Logged
Amir
YaBB Full Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2010, 9:41am »

Well, what is new exactly in the album?
Two musical tracks from Ziad that are old.
El Bint El Shalabiya is nice but really didn't require 8 years of preparing.
Kbiril maz7a was released before and the studio version doesn't ass much.
The variation on Biktob Ismak is really hideous. A version with Fairouz's voice would have been much nicer.
Al Ardu Lakoum is nice, but it's 30 years old. Not sure what the point is exactly of releasing it now.

Then there's the four "bootlegged" songs:
2al 2ayel is nice. The new verse in the end is sweet.
Ossa zghiri is good too. I liked the live version better.  
Allah Kbeer momela and I don't like it at all.
Hebayt ma hebayt is fine. No surprises there.

Then:
Kel mal 7aki is ok. Catchy tune. But is more for Salma or Latifa.  
Eh fi amal: I just don't find that song interesting at all. The words are really convoluted and weak overall. That waltz music is not really catching on to me. But maybe there's something wrong with me.

I just find that after 8 years, Fairouz could have released something more substantial. The album is kind of incoherent. It's not clear if it's new songs, or old songs, or Ziad songs, or Rahbani music. Wala Keyf was much stronger. I don't think you can even compare the songs to the four tracks plus w'ameh on Mish Kayen which were really strong songs. The new ones seem half-baked.

I will also add this. After a certain age (say 50 or so) no one's voice gets better. It's just a fact of life. Why did they wait for so long to tape the songs that were in concerts SEVEN years ago. Her voice is tired and strained; what was the point of waiting?

I know that the "die-hard" fans will like whatever she sings, even if she just reads the phonebook as they say. But at some point, some criticism is needed. If we just applaud and applaud, how is she supposed to get any guidance over what is working and what is not?

IP Logged

و
Nihal
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2010, 10:05am »

I think Amir has a point.  And why is everybody is affraid to say anything? what happened to freedom of speech?  

The album is not very original and certainly below the legacy of fairuz.  ziad is a great artist but maybe the songs should be for someone younger and newer who doesn't have the history of fairuz.  im a die hard so I enjoy anything she does but you can hear the deterioration in her voice with short stops.  ya3ni ma fi nafas (also u could see that in the concert clips).  

to compare to new music now is silly because fairuz shouldn't be the same standard as everyone else so that comparison is just a way to make it look better when it doesn't.  if its good it doesn't need to be compared to anything else.  she is a standard by herself and compared to her standard this album is really a bad idea.  
i think the album and concert were done to take advantage of the media circus surrounding fairuz about banning her from singing and the problems with the rahbanis.  it is in very bad taste to do that especially at the end of her long career.  but i guess her managers want to make as much money as possible before the end.  
i think creating this circus now was a very bad move.  does fairouz really need the support of her fans and the world? she already has it for 50 years and nobody can ever change it.  to me it feels like it tainted her legacy at the end for no reason except to make money for people around her.  

when reviewing the album you have to not compare it to the garbage out there today and forget the problems she has with the rahbani family.  if u look at the album by itself and only compared to her work it really falls short.  

i still love it and love fairouz and she is the queen forever.  please let us live on the memories now and don't ruin them with cheap tricks.
IP Logged
Sallimlee_3aleih
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2010, 12:52pm »

I tend to disagree with the commenters. As much as I would have loved more songs, the CD is one of her most refined ..... In fact, originally, the CD should have included some of the songs of Rahbani Brothers that we heard in the concert like ba3dana and 7amra stay7atik but due to problems about the rights of the songs they were not included. Compared to the latest CD in 2001 "Wala Keef" you can barely notice any difference in her voice, let us not forget that she is 75 years! Her ability to sing these notes at this age with such perfection is unprecedented. Ziad has reached an advanced stage in his experience with Fairuz,  he has a clear vision now and you feel that he is no more experimenting as he was in their previous albums, his music has matured to its utmost and his lyrics are down to earth yet superb and touching as ever. If somebody does not like a song this does not diminish of its value, these are personal opinions that vary between people. Personally I loved "kil mal 7aki" a song that only Fairuz knows how to deliver ... A particularly catching part is when she says "la tfakkir baddi incha wmisswadde kil il li baddi sid2 il kalam ...."
IP Logged
Amir
YaBB Full Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2010, 1:52pm »

I am not sure how you can say that her voice has not changed in over 8 years...Listen to the part of "el eyam" in Ossa Zghiri...Is Allah Kbeer even singing? It seems to me like she is just talking...
IP Logged

و
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21st, 2010, 9:15pm »

u people are weird.. i am not on her side at all but i loved the CD.. and she sounds great.. yes the voice changed.. its burdened with years... and i think she could sound a lot better if she keeps it well maintained..  

point is... i liked the stuff on their.. 2 tracks could be dropped but i loved the rest ...  

it's still Fairouz at her best with Ziad... same pregnant dogy comments were made 8 yrs ago when Wala Kif came out and now every song on it is a classic to everyone...  

stop expecting Fairouz to be what she was .. it's called development... those who can see it through are a lot more insightful than those who just want to sit and pregnant dog about this and that as if she is even obligated to be at her best after all those years...  

IP Logged
fadcuk
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22nd, 2010, 5:15am »

hey guys,  

In my opinion Fairuz never had a perfect pitch or perfect tone in the voice which is where its beauty lies. What she really had is an unbelievable warmth that can make you cry if she wanted and also at the same time a strength in the voice that makes kneel with fear or stand up and shout.

Before I write my own personal review of the new album. I am grateful she is singing still and with such beauty. Because lets face it how many people want to be working at 75. A concert in front of thousands is not a little game.  

As for the Album:

[.01.] Al Ayel -  a wonderful song of hope. Her voice is so warm and the tune is so happy. A warm fuzzy feeling song about love and relationships. A highlight of the album

[.02.] Ossa Zghiri Ktir -  A mature song of love, frustration and longing. Again Fairuz's voice is in command here but in such a warm way.  

[.03.] Kel Mal Haki. this song starts with wonderful classical strings. then becomes arabic jazzy you can' help swinging to the tune.  As for the words well we all know that more words means better meaning which is why i love the simplicity and power of this song.

[.04.] Kbiri Mazha Hay • We have heard that one before, another mature relationship song. A beautifully torturous song.  

[.05.] Allah Kbir • A hymn rather than a song.  Listen to Fairuz say the title word to feel the power left in the beautiful voice. A masterful arrangement of instruments especially a wonderful string that moves form pure jazz to oriental...Wow is all I can say.

[.06.] Al Ardou Lakoum • Another beautiful hymn to peace.  

[.07.] Ma Chawart Hali •This is pure ziad genius. Cheeky words and music that makes you want to get up and move. Ya Da3aano - I  love those words.  

[.08.] Diar Bakr •I love all Ziads music so I will not review this.  

[.09.] El Bint El Chalabiya • A twist on an old classic, we can never have enough of this song.

[.10.] Eh Fi Amal •This song takes you to another world from the opening Waltz and wonderful string instrument which I do not know what it is is. Wonderfully mature end of a relationship lyrics. It reminds me of a Parisian ballad.  But Fairuz we do have amal that you will release more wonderful albums and DVDs.

[.11.] Bektob Asamihon • A statementt to the young Rahbanis and thegovernment..  

[.12.] Tel El Zaatar -
IP Logged
Amir
YaBB Full Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:10am »

By just saying, It's Fayrouz so we love her stuff and it's Ziad so we love his stuff, I don't think any one is helping the artists.
Even the Ziad music pieces in the album I found sub-par.  
It's of course just my opinion, but I think if people look carefully at this album they will figure it is not at all comparable to Wala Keyf or Kifak Inta.
IP Logged

و
Amir
YaBB Full Member

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:10am »

By just saying, It's Fayrouz so we love her stuff and it's Ziad so we love his stuff, I don't think any one is helping the artists.
Even the Ziad music pieces in the album I found sub-par.  
It's of course just my opinion, but I think if people look carefully at this album they will figure it is not at all comparable to Wala Keyf or Kifak Inta.
IP Logged

و
fadcuk
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:18pm »

I agree with you Amir and I am aware that our own taste changes and many times I have thought some music was not so good which I grew to love. It is funny because I like the new album much better than the other two you mentioned.  Ya salam lol
IP Logged
Jorje286
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24th, 2010, 12:59pm »

I thought it's decent. I agree some of the tracks were completely unnecessary like the terrible remake of biktob ismak and some of the musical tracks. I also wish they would cut the choral crap. I really like Eh Fi Amal. Ziad was *finally* constrained in the production. The other tracks were decent and fun, but let's face it, Ziad has always been overrated and his work with Fairuz should never be compared to that of the Rahbani brothers. His jazz is really "faux jazz" and they are filled with too much ornamentation and unnecessary melodic lines.

I thought Fairuz' voice was amazing. It's better than in the late 90s. She stopped trying to reach notes she can't anymore, and her voice is still very pure but in a lower range. I actually really wish she could collaborate with people other than Ziad for a change.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2010, 1:02pm by Jorje286 » IP Logged
Nihal
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 24th, 2010, 2:40pm »

good points guys on everything.  

her voice has changed a lot.  it is almost shocking in Ossa when she says kermali.  wow it is so low and rough almost not like fairuz at all.  crazy to say her voice hasn't changed in a decade really.  

I think it is a bad idea to make a statement about the rahbanis and government in her music.  fairuz never did that before and this is below her.  a very cheap trick.  

i agree with Amir kifak inta was so much better and even wala kif.  this was like ok we have 3-4 new songs we did in concerts how do we make an album out of it?  that is not good enough really.  
everyone is staying away from the discussion or just saying positive things maybe because they are affraid rima will read it? thats crazy she should read it and listen to the fans.  we love fairuz.  
i still can't believe high quality which is a garbage egyptian company is doing the album.
IP Logged
blue_phoenix
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24th, 2010, 7:54pm »

i dont care about Rima and whoever  

i liked the songs... the music is great, the lyrics are great and even if Fairouz is farting on the tune, i still would love it, because i simply like what i heard!

it would have been better if they released the Beiteddine live versions.... at least as bonus tracks or video promo's...

i think her management is called Idiots Management Tongue
IP Logged
fadcuk
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 29th, 2010, 4:15am »

Hey Nihal  
My point exacty on the beauty of her voice. What do you mean it is almost shocking in Ossa when she says kermali? Do you like it or not.  

In my opnion it is on thoes low notes the voice is utterly mesmerising and beautiful.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome | Connect | Be Inspired | A Legend | A History | Everything Fairuz | The Latest | Journey | Join Us | Contact Us | Archived Message Board
Copyright© 2001-2015 FairuzOnline.com, a 3B Media, Inc. Company. All Rights Reserved. Terms