Fairuzonline.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 19th, 2017, 2:13pm

- Click here for archived message board -

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz
   General
   The Latest News
(Moderator: Fairuz Forum Admin)
   new fan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new fan  (Read 3159 times)
seattlefan
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

new fan
« on: May 10th, 2008, 7:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello from Seattle; my story is --brief version--that I first knew of
Fairuz from an incident in Paris two years ago, which resulted
in an Iraqi friend sending me a cd.  (I thank him forever and
ever). When I first heard F.'s
voice, as a matter of fact in a Left Bank church (again, long story),
I was stunned.  Truly I never got over it, and I play my precious
disc again and again.  Diva Supreme!  (Perhaps I should add that I am neither Lebanese or Arab) I can't imagine she would ever play in
Seattle (!)  but being able to attend one of her concerts is my
dream.  Perhaps in Paris one day.  
Please keep me tuned in--
IP Logged
davidof

Email

Re: new fan
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2008, 7:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bienvenue
IP Logged
M.N.K.
YaBB Junior Member

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2008, 8:15am »

welcome on board
IP Logged
bana
YaBB Newbie

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2008, 10:58am »

Hello New fan...
welcome...
i would like to know... what is your favorite song?
and do you understand the lyrics? or it is just the music and the voice that you like?
IP Logged
seattlefan
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2008, 2:38pm »

Sorry--missed this on the 12th--

I don't know what my favorite song is because
I don't have a new recording--just a disc an Iraqi friend
copied for me & mailed me from Paris as an introduction.

So that's all I have--the door opening just a little.
Hope to order more online soon--but I don't read Arabic!
I adore her voice and her singing is so powerful and
expressive that it almost doesn't matter to me about
the lyrics.  It's almost like listening to another
musical instrument--you just hear the music and
it moves you.

Thanks for writing--
Fan from the faraway pacific northwest, where, of course,
just at this morning it is raining.
IP Logged
bana
YaBB Newbie

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 14th, 2008, 10:51am »

well, it is really amayzing to know how someone can be drawn to her voice without understanding the lyrica and the culture...
in fact, Fairuz is known to be the most ORIGINAL singer this part of the world has ever known...
as someone from the middle east, and abosorbed the culture and the spirit of the places, Fairuz means to us the soul of this culture, the soul of this life.
the most beautiful picture you could ever have about this region is through her art.
but as someone said, the shorter way to become universal is to get closer to your roots, and i believe this is the reason why someone like your self Seatlefan, can feel the magic in her voice.
please keep on touch and try to get more of her songs, and we here are pleased to translate any song so you can have a clearer view about her art.
Take care...
IP Logged
mate
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 16th, 2008, 7:07am »

Interesting story.

I first heard of Fairouz just before I visited Lebanon 10 years ago. A Lebanese told me about a singer, who united thousands of people of all social and religious beckgrounds, who all came to the ruined main square in Beirout, forgot years of fighting and came to listen to her. I must hear her, I said to myself. I bought first couple of CDs at the souq of Sayda. Later, any time I was asking for Fairouz, this mere question miraculously brought me near to almost any Arab I met.  

The ongoing "troubles" in Lebanon really make me uneasy. It is truly sad that a beautifull country, which gave the world so many treasures, from alphabet and olive culture to music of Fairouz, can't find peace with herself.  

>the most beautiful picture you could ever have about this region is through her art.  
Bana, I think this is EXACTLLY why I love both. The beauty of Lebanon (or Middle East) is reflected in Fairouz and the beauty of Fairouz is reflected in towns, mountains and the soul of the place. I love Lebanon, I love Fairouz.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2008, 7:11am by mate » IP Logged
NA
YaBB Newbie

Ya lebnan b7ebbak ta tokhlas eddeni ...

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 17th, 2008, 6:00am »

hey guys.. i recently joined the club, and am just amazed to see and read all of this Cheesy

The funny part is that at one point (age 12 -17) i hated her voice and her songs, coz my dad used to play it every morning on our way to school.... i had always asked whats soo good about her voiceHuh!! untill i left lebanon almost 1 year ago, i grew attached to her in an unbelievable way... discovered the riches of her angelic voice... and never stopped loving her!!
every song of hers brings beautiful nostalgia to my mind! a simple village in lebanon, a morning drive to the school, the cedars, an evening breez at our mountains house, baalbek, the sun rising from behind the mountains ... my grandparents, loads of positve energy and much much more....  
Fairouz truely makes me proud of my lebanese identity... at the time politiciens and others make me walk with shame and anguish... shes a bliss to our country!!! god bless her..
IP Logged

NA
Ali

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12th, 2008, 11:54am »

I want to welcome Seattlefan and NA (not applicable) to the forum...

It's so nice to have you here, and I hope to see comments and responses from you all the time...

It would be a pleasure to have you participating frequently on board... there are pleanty of good discussions, that you would not have elsewhere...

My name is Ali-as you can see-I was born and raised in the USA, in the hometown of Ford and Edison-Detroit... in a nearby suburb, Dearborn...

Fairuz has a voice that has brought together a group of high-quality friends, that know how to talk, and discuss... It's a wonderful thing, that I often take for granted...

It was nice to meet you all...
salam
IP Logged
Ali

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12th, 2008, 11:59am »

By the way...

it's not a rare idea Fairuz performing in or near seattle...

just in 2003 she had a USA tour, with concerts in LA, Detroit, and Connecticut...

and in 1999 she had a huge concert in Las Vegas....
(they gave her the key to the city, and awards)

So yes she is very celebrated her, I would recommend, you search for her translated lyrics online to understand some of her work...

And other then that, Fairuzonline has a private message feature so feel free to do so...

salam
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

FairuzOnline Message Board - Fairuz, Fairouz, Fayrouz, Feiruz, Fairuz » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome | Connect | Be Inspired | A Legend | A History | Everything Fairuz | The Latest | Journey | Join Us | Contact Us | Archived Message Board
Copyright© 2001-2015 FairuzOnline.com, a 3B Media, Inc. Company. All Rights Reserved. Terms